Future and uncertainty

"Future is not set on stone"

What scares me to the core is the future and its associated uncertainty. Nearly 5 years ago, I started my med school career, I had no idea what my plan for the future. Now, just 3 months for the final exams, I am still at that place with no plan for the future. What is more distressing is that, you see your friends and classmates who started with you and enrolled in other courses in university are graduating and are with a plan for the future while you are still stuck in this place with so much uncertainties. Adding more to the stress is that people asking you what type of doctor are you going to be. And I come up with different answers each time that question is asked. Adding onto this, the exam stress of the Final MBBS and the merit list and performance anxiety of the long and short cases are the perfect blend to make a person insane.

People say setting short term goals would help in this situation and I have been doing that for the past 5 years and after this exam the same thing cannot be applied and I soon have to make a decision which I should have made before I entered med school. Anyway only thing I can do now is to put off all these thoughts for the next 5 months and prepare for the finals.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birthdays and Me

The end of the beginning: First year at the medical faculty

Internship